Thursday, July 19, 2012

Assembly - Part II

July 19, 2012

My brother in law Phillip came over yesterday and we went to town on the bike.  Started slapping on everything we could, was a very happy day to see parts that had been sitting in boxes for months, go back where they belong.

Still got some work to do, but it looks like a motorcycle again.

Put on fenders, handlebars, lights, seat, rack, etc.

Cleaned up the shift lever, nice and shinny.

New (never used) kill switch that sat on shelves for 40 years.

First time working on a bike

Living room mechanics

Gas tank on there for looks...still needs work.

Pretty official stand there

Phillip and my wife Beth, and of course, Dustin Brown lifting the Stanley Cup
Up next I will work on the engine, I have all new gaskets for it, and will clean it up and paint it.  Engine looks good, turns over well.

Since the wheels are on now, I can finally get the bike outside to finish it off.


4 comments:

  1. Nice job. I just picked up the same bike a few months ago. Missing some key parts. Not sure how the hi\lo gears work. I took off the small cover and everything is missing. Do you have a picture of it?

    Tom
    Folsom,CA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on getting one, they are such cool bikes. That a bummer that its all missing.
      There are a few posted here (on the right side "High/Low gear change system" as well as "Engine - Part I" towards the bottom.

      If you leave me your email i can send you a few more pics and info.

      Delete
  2. Pictures would be great. I think it the one you call "transfer case" but I would need to see it with the engine. (this picture is to close)
    dt400rider@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom,

    Check out the newest post i have made titled "High / Low Gear Change Mechanism"

    ReplyDelete