Thursday, July 12, 2012

Getting it Started!

August 6, 2012

I heard the beautiful sound of the engine running today!
It only runs for a few seconds then bogs down.  Hopefully we can get it figured out soon.


August 7, 2012

I found today that the oil pump is not working.  Im going to premix some oil and fuel and try to run on that while I get the oil pump bled and hopefully fixed or replaced.

August 8, 2012

I took the Carb apart and cleaned the crap out of it.  Since the oil pump is not working I mixed a 20:1 fuel/oil mix and put it in the gas tank.  It still starts up but only runs for about 5 to 10 seconds and dies.  My next plan is to put in the new contact points and condenser in the magneto and see what happens.

August 9, 2012

I got new contact points and condenser so I started taking the engine apart to get them in.  I made a flywheel holder tool, but had to order a flywheel puller.  Hope to get the puller soon so I can get in and change the points and condenser.







October 1, 2012

Well I tried a bunch of different things but still cant get it started.  Its just been sitting there for the past few months while i gather cash to take it to a mechanic.  Who knows how expensive that will be.  I'm hoping to take it to the mechanic in a week or two.

2 comments: