Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Still Trying

October 9, 2012

A friend of mine who really knows motorcycles is finally back in town and has offered to help.

I will be taking it to his place this week, and hopefully he can figure out whats wrong with this thing.

October 29, 2012

I took the G4 to my parents house yesterday so could pick it up after work today and take to my friends house.  Hoping to get it running soon so i can take it out to the desert with me in late November.


October 31, 2012

I took the bike to my buddys shop yesterday afternoon and we worked on it for a few hours and actually got it running!

A few issues screwing things up were the fuel petcock was really clogged so fuel was only trickling out.  We also found that the carb is missing the idle needle, so I bought one on ebay for $5.

The oil pump does in fact work, so i will have to drain the premix from the fuel tank and put straight up gas in it.

I brought the bike back home with me, I will work on it a little bit tonight and now that I know what problems i have will try to fix them one by one.  I will probably get a new petcock.

My other problem is the clutch is still not working, i will have to tear into that and poke around.

My hitch rack


No comments:

Post a Comment