Saturday, July 7, 2012

Desert Riding

November 30, 2012

We are leaving this evening for the Calico Area near Barstow, California for a weekend of camping and motorcycle riding.  It is 130 mile drive, which usually only takes 2 hours, but leaving Orange, Riverside and even San Bernardino Counties on a Friday night is a traffic nightmare.  Hopefully we leave late enough to miss most of the traffic, arrive and set up camp and wake up ready to ride Saturday morning.

My friends are taking modern dirt bikes and I will be riding a 40 year old Enduro, hahaha.  I hope all goes well, it should be lots of fun.

December 1, 2012

We ended up leaving around 10pm and arrived around midnight and set up camp.


The G4 did great out in the desert.  It was very stable and climbed as well as my friends dirt bikes.  The low range gear box really made a difference and I felt like I could climb just about anything.  It was so much fun, I hope to do it again soon.

I took it easy for the most part.  The last thing I wanted to do was fall over and hurt myself or mess up the bike I have been working on for months.




I borrowed my friend's GoPro camera and got a few videos from the ride (available in HD)



No comments:

Post a Comment