Monday, July 23, 2012

Purchase

March 24th, 2012

Picked up a 40 year old rusted motorcycle from my friends dad who had it sitting in his side yard for years.  Payed him $75 and took this thing home with the title, and original riders handbook. Even came with the original tools inside the tool box.

Later found out it is a 1972 Kawasaki G4 TR-B model, 100cc 2 stroke, with 5 high and 5 low range gears.  Its a classic vintage dual sport motorcycle, I love it!  Its got 8,400 miles on the clock.

This is the picture my friend sent me when offering the motorcycle


Work began immediately without much of a goal in mind, other than take some parts off and clean years of rust off them.  This proved to be a long process.

Here's a few scans of the Rider's Handbook...

1972 Kawasaki G4 TR - Left Side

1972 Kawasaki G4 TR - Right Side

Here is a cool Vintage brochure I found online...


I should mention that I know pretty much NOTHING about motorcycles, so this should be a nice learning experience.

3 comments:

  1. Beauty restoration, I've read it a few times through- I'm just starting my project. I hope to reference your journal throughout.
    If I have any questions, do you think I could ask you for some guidance?

    Thanks a lot,
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian, deffinitely let me know if you have any questions and ill do my best to help out. Good luck on the build

      Delete
  2. Do you have manuals of parts of footrest?. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete